Producer Car Order for Crop Year 2017-2018
Order number 2017-03
July 31, 2017
- Under subsection 87(2) of the Canada Grain Act, the Canadian Grain Commission (the “Commission”) may order terms and conditions for the allocation of producer railway cars to grain producers who apply for producer railway cars.
- This order is made by a quorum of 2 Commissioners.
The Commission makes the following order:
- Before the Commission will accept and acknowledge a producer’s application for a producer railway car, the Commission must have received confirmation from the producer that he or she has a sale for the grain for which a producer railway car is requested, in the form of one of the following:
- An email from the producer via the Commission’s automated confirmation email system (to confirm, producer must click on the link provided) or
- A copy of the signed contract, received either from the producer or the producer’s administrator.
- Verbal confirmation by the producer.
- Payment of the prescribed producer railway car application fee, from the producer or the producer’s administrator
- After acceptance of a producer’s application for a producer railway car, and before the Commission will allocate a producer railway car to a producer, the Commission must have received:
- Two weeks’ notice of the application, prior to the grain shipping week requested
- Confirmation from the producer, from the producer’s administrator, or the destination, that the destination facility has authorized the producer railway car to be unloaded at that facility.
- The following changes to a producer’s producer railway car application may be made before the Commission authorizes the cars for loading in a specific grain shipping week:
- Shipping week requested for delivery
- Precise Siding
- Number of cars applied for (can only be reduced). Note: To increase the number of cars, the Commission must receive a new application.
This order will continue until amended or revoked.
Assistant Chief Commissioner
- Date modified: