Varieties of wheat designated as the class Canada Prairie Spring Red (CPSR)
Order number 2017-47-1 - Variety designation list
November 6, 2017
List of varieties designated as the class Canada Prairie Spring Red (CPSR)
- The Canadian Grain Commission (the "Commission") has authority under section 16(1) of the Canada Grain Act (the "Act") to establish, by regulation, grades and grade names for western and eastern grain.
- Grades and grade names established by the Commission for some grains, in the Canada Grain Regulations, provide for different classes which are, under section 1 of the Act, a variety or varieties of grain designated by order of the Commission.
- This order is made by a quorum of 2 Commissioners.
The Commission makes the following order :
- Commission Order No. 2017-47 – Canada Western Red Spring, issued July 31, 2017 is revoked and replaced with this order.
- The Commission establishes the class Canada Western Red Spring (CWRS) and designates the varieties of wheat listed below as the class.
This order will be in effect for the crop year commencing August 1, 2017 and continuing until July 31, 2018, unless revoked earlier.
Assistant Chief Commissioner
In accordance with Section 28 of the Canada Grain Act, varieties not designated by the Canadian Grain Commission to a specific class or varieties which are not a registered variety under the Seeds Act will only be eligible for the lowest grade for that kind of grain.
- Date modified: