Tom Gräfenhan PhD
Canadian Grain Commission employee since 2010.
Research Scientist/Program Manager
Grain Research Laboratory
Area of expertise:
- Microbial identifications using traditional, bio-molecular and mass spectrometry techniques
- Bio-molecular methods for qualitative, quantitative and high-throughput detection of quarantine, pathogenic and/or toxigenic microorganisms in support of phytosanitary certificates and statements of assurance
- Metagenomics of microflora associated with grain using next generation sequencing
- Phenotypic characterization, genomics, taxonomy, and population studies of filamentous fungi
Humboldt-University, Berlin, Germany
- Master of Science
Ernst-Mortiz-Arndt-University, Greifswald, Germany
Professional affiliations and development
- Member, Mycological Society of America, 2006-present
See the Canadian Grain Commission list of published scientific and technical papers.
- Date modified: