Buckwheat: Determining the size of buckwheat
- Using a Boerner-type divider, divide a representative portion of approximately 250 g from the cleaned sample.
- Set up the Carter dockage tester as follows.
Set up the Carter dockage tester Feed control #6 Air control Off Riddle None Top sieve number 8 slotted Centre sieve Blank tray Bottom sieve None Sieve cleaner control Off
- Turn on the Carter dockage tester.
- Pour the portion into the hopper.
- Turn off the Carter dockage tester.
- Determine the percentage by weight of the kernels passing through the number 8 slotted sieve.
If the percentage of kernels passing through the number 8 slotted sieve is: Then the buckwheat is: 20.0 or less Large More than 20.0 Small
- Date modified: