Wheat, Canada Western Red Winter (CWRW)
Order number 2021-24-2
- The Canadian Grain Commission (the “Commission”) has authority under section 16(1) of the Canada Grain Act (the “Act”) to establish, by regulation, grades and grade names for western and eastern grain.
- Grades and grade names established by the Commission for some grains, in the Canada Grain Regulations, provide for different classes which are, under section 2 of the Act, a variety or varieties of grain designated by order of the Commission.
- The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA), who is responsible for the registration and cancelation of varieties, including designating varieties to a region has notified the Commission that it has registered the variety AAC Coldfront. As a result, the Commission has designated this variety to be in the CWRW class.
- The decision in respect of this order was made at a meeting of quorum of the Commission on April 20, 2022. Two of three Commissioners constitutes a quorum of the Commission.
The Commission makes the following order:
- Commission Order No. 2021-24-1 - Wheat, Canada Western Red Winter (CWRW) issued August 25, 2021 is revoked and replaced with this order.
- The Commission establishes the class Wheat, Canada Western Red Winter (CWRW) and designates the varieties of wheat listed below to be in the CWRW class.
- AAC Coldfront
- AAC Elevate
- AAC Gateway
- AAC Goldrush
- AAC Network
- AAC Vortex
- AAC Wildfire
- AC Bellatrix
- AC Readymade
- AC Tempest
- CDC Buteo
- CDC Chase
- CDC Osprey
This order comes into effect on the later of the crop year commencing August 1, 2021 or the signing date, and is in effect until July 31, 2022, unless revoked earlier.
Assistant Chief Commissioner
Signed on: April 20, 2022
In accordance with Section 28 of the Canada Grain Act, varieties not designated by the Canadian Grain Commission to a specific class or varieties which are not a registered variety under the Seeds Act will only be eligible for the lowest grade for that kind of grain.
- Date modified: