Barley, Canada Western Malting (CW), Six-Row Hulless
Order number 2021-26
- The Canadian Grain Commission (the “Commission”) has authority under section 16(1) of the Canada Grain Act (the “Act”) to establish, by regulation, grades and grade names for western and eastern grain.
- Grades and grade names established by the Commission for some grains, in the Canada Grain Regulations, provide for different classes which are, under section 2 of the Act, a variety or varieties of grain designated by order of the Commission.
- Pursuant to section 28 of the Act, registration of a barley variety under the Seeds Act for sale in or importation into Canada is necessary for grain of that variety to be eligible for all grades within a class, and the Commission is satisfied that the varieties in this order are, as of the date of this order, so registered.
- The decision in respect of this order was made at a meeting of quorum of the Commission on June 18, 2021. Two of three Commissioners constitutes a quorum of the Commission.
The Commission makes the following order:
- Barley, Canada Western Malting (CW), Six-Row Hulless, is established as a class.
- The varieties of barley listed below are designated to be in the Barley, Canada Western Malting (CW), Six-Row Hulless class.
No varieties currently designated.
This order comes into effect on the later of the crop year commencing August 1, 2021 or the signing date, and is in effect until July 31, 2022, unless revoked earlier.
Assistant Chief Commissioner
Signed on: June 18, 2021
In accordance with Section 28 of the Canada Grain Act, varieties not designated by the Canadian Grain Commission to a specific class or varieties which are not a registered variety under the Seeds Act will only be eligible for the lowest grade for that kind of grain.
- Date modified: