Wheat, Canada Eastern Amber Durum (CEAD)
Order number 2022-01 - Variety designation list
- The Canadian Grain Commission (the “Commission”) has authority under section 16(1) of the Canada Grain Act (the “Act”) to establish, by regulation, grades and grade names for western and eastern grain.
- Grades and grade names established by the Commission for some grains, in the Canada Grain Regulations, provide for different classes which are, under section 2 of the Act, a variety or varieties of grain designated by order of the Commission.
- Pursuant to section 28 of the Act, registration of a wheat variety under the Seeds Act for sale in or importation into Canada is necessary for grain of that variety to be eligible for all grades within a class, and the Commission is satisfied that the varieties in this order are, as of the date of this order, so registered.
- The decision in respect of this order was made at a meeting of quorum of the Commission on May 25, 2022. Two of three Commissioners constitutes a quorum of the Commission.
The Commission makes the following order:
- Wheat, Canada Eastern Amber Durum (CEAD) is established as a class.
- The varieties of wheat listed below are designated to be in the CEAD class.
This order comes into effect on the later of the crop year commencing July 1, 2022, or the signing date, and is in effect until June 30, 2023, unless amended or revoked earlier.
This order may be executed and delivered via facsimile or PDF and in any number of counterparts, each of which shall be deemed to be an original and all or which taken together shall be deemed to constitute one and the same instrument, and it shall not be necessary in making proof of this order to produce or account for more than one such counterpart.
Assistant Chief Commissioner
Signed on: May 25, 2022
In accordance with Section 28 of the Canada Grain Act, varieties not designated by the Canadian Grain Commission to a specific class or varieties which are not a registered variety under the Seeds Act will only be eligible for the lowest grade for that kind of grain.
- Date modified: