Barley, Canada Eastern Malting (CE), Two-Row Hulless
Order number 2022-10 - Variety designation list
- The Canadian Grain Commission (the “Commission”) has authority under section 16(1) of the Canada Grain Act (the “Act”) to establish, by regulation, grades and grade names for western and eastern grain.
- Grades and grade names established by the Commission for some grains, in the Canada Grain Regulations, provide for different classes which are, under section 2 of the Act, a variety or varieties of grain designated by order of the Commission.
- Pursuant to section 28 of the Act, registration of a barley variety under the Seeds Act for sale in or importation into Canada is necessary for grain of that variety to be eligible for all grades within a class, and the Commission is satisfied that the varieties in this order are, as of the date of this order, so registered.
- The decision in respect of this order was made at a meeting of quorum of the Commission on May 25, 2022. Two of three Commissioners constitutes a quorum of the Commission.
The Commission makes the following order:
- Barley, Canada Eastern Malting (CE), Two-Row Hulless is established as a class.
- The varieties of barley listed below are designated to be in the Barley, Canada Eastern Malting (CE), Two-Row Hulless class.
- CDC Clear
- CDC ExPlus
This order comes into effect on the later of the crop year commencing July 1, 2022, or the signing date, and is in effect until June 30, 2023, unless amended or revoked earlier.
Assistant Chief Commissioner
Signed on: May 25, 2022
In accordance with Section 28 of the Canada Grain Act, varieties not designated by the Canadian Grain Commission to a specific class or varieties which are not a registered variety under the Seeds Act will only be eligible for the lowest grade for that kind of grain.
- Date modified: