Tender for surplus grain - Vancouver
We request offers to purchase bulk surplus grain samples from the Canadian Grain Commission, 300-333 Seymour Street, Vancouver, B.C.
There are two bins which hold approximately 2 - 2.5 tonnes each.
There is no guarantee of the type or quality of the grain which will be available during the term of the contract. There is no guarantee of the minimum or maximum amount of grain which will be available during the term of the contract.
The conditions of the agreement are as stipulated below.
The successful bidder will be subject to the following conditions:
- The term of the agreement will be for two (2) years
- Grain is to be picked up no later than 48 hours after receiving notification by a phone call from the Canadian Grain Commission Regional Office, 300-333 Seymour Street, Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Successful applicant will provide suitable vehicle, which can accept grain from the CGC storage container/bins, 300-333 Seymour Street loading dock area. The vehicle will be capable of transporting a minimum of 5 tonnes of grain per trip. The vehicle will be either enclosed or equipped with a cover that will be kept in place as much as possible during loading to minimize dust emissions.
- Applicant is solely responsible for removing and loading of grain from container/bins.
- There is a maximum allowable loading time of one hour (time may be extended dependent on availability of loading space).
- Applicant is responsible for clean up around loading area if any spills occur.
- Applicant is responsible for any damages which occur to the storage container during the course of grain removal
Please take notice that tenders will be accepted for purchase of surplus grain for the period July 6, 2017 to June 30, 2019.
Closing date and time is July 6, 2017 at 3:00 pm CST
- Grain tender bid sheet for Vancouver (PDF, 11 kb)
All tenders are to be submitted to:
Canadian Grain Commission
600-303 Main Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 3G8
Attention: Grain Tender
- Date modified: